Managing your career
Skills and strengths
- VIA Survey of Character Strengths – When you click through to the Authentic Happiness website at the University of Pennsylvania, look for the “Get Started” drop down box under Questionnaires. The website is free to use and provides ways to identify your character strengths.
- Skills inventory – Free simple, short inventory tool from the University of Minnesota’s Careers department.
- Mindtools – Established in 1996, Mindtools provides free career planning tools, articles and more.
Flexible work conversation A framework for preparing for a conversation with your manager about building flexibility into your role and exploring the options.
The best resource for our participants is to attend a resume writing forum or listen to our Envisage Radio Forum. Resume writing is part art and part science. There are many sites that will provide tips and examples on resume writing. Use a site like Career One for hundreds of sample resumes and here’s one we love for the resume artists who want to take it outside the square – CV Parade.
Interviews can be daunting. Rehearsing for a job interview is the perfect way to prepare. This will help you develop your answers ahead of time and boost your confidence on the day. These links will get you started.
- This Australian video includes more than 20 questions. You can pause the video after each so you can practice your answer interviews.
- An entire website devoted to job interviews. www.blueskyinterviews.co.uk
Envisage – Create Your Career
A career community for all Envisage graduates with helpful articles, discussions and thought starters. We will also assist you with your LinkedIn profile.